Sunday, November 25, 2012

Scary Time~

 As I was getting ready one day in mid October I noticed a rather large lump near my throat and I panicked, I panicked for several reasons I thought since my son has a very, very rare type of cancer and my beautiful mother had cancer I thought~ OH NO!  My angel was diagnosed with this rare cancer, DFSP when he was just shy of his 7th birthday, very scary & so sad to see your little angel go through so much.  We are praying for a good report on his next appointment with his oncologist in December, please pray for him. Okay, so I panicked and I phoned our ENT since I was also loosing my voice I thought they might be related.  I visited him a few days later and sure enough he found another lump & told me I had two tumors, TWO? I thought I only had the one lump, never put the word tumor to this said lump and here he found another? By this point I have almost no voice, people think I am sick, but I do not hurt in any way with the exception of the muscles in my throat seem to get tired. He did some tests & found that since my mother had cancer & now my son I had better have some other tests done so he sent me for a CAT scan and when that came back positive for tumors he sent me to have them biopsied.  TALK about PAIN oh my that hurt so much.  YIKES! During this time I had no desire to write or post anything on my blog because I was so depressed, so sad, so scared and I felt so alone. I waited too many days including over a weekend for the results of the biopsies I was a nervous wreck and I started picking at my cuticles.  I received my results on a Tuesday mid morn and I am thrilled to say the tumors are benign.  I will see my Dr. this week to go over my options to get rid of the tumors.  I have no idea what he will suggest, but I will be happy since I just might get my voice back. It is difficult to talk & for people to understand me.
I wish to THANK YOU, for sticking with me and not giving up on me and my little blog.  I will continue to write this said little blog, as one of my friends pointed out, it could be therapeutic for me, and I MUST AGREE! AGAIN~

5 comments:

  1. Sending prayers your way and wishes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for your speedy recovery & good news for you son in Dec

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ARod, Thank you, for your prayers. I get so nervous each time my angel sees his oncologist, he sees him on 5 Dec, '12 will you pray a special prayer for him on that day? Blessings~

      Delete
  3. Tonya, Thank you so much for your prayers. Please say a special prayer for my angel on 5 Dec., 2012 as he will see his oncologist & have some tests done. We are praying for good news! Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How scary!! I would have been a mess too!! I will be praying for your son! Thanks for following me at The Rustic Pig! I'm following you right back!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Receiving comments is like receiving a great big gift! I LOVE gifts so please leave me some love~Thank YOU

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs