Thursday, September 27, 2012

Scratch & Dented To Resurrected

Way back when Pier 1 had outlet stores I bought these two items, they were both pretty beat up & with knobs missing a few scratches and some discoloration but I knew they can be brought back to life with a little TLC.  Well it took me a few years to do just that, okay 10 + years, but the point is I finally did breath some life back into them! Take a look~

This is what I started out with, the top left corner was so badly chipped that I needed to fill it in with filler & re-stain it I thought I did a great job.  The drawers were not original, but that did not bother me so much~
Mini Drawers

 I love the way it came out, I know this is a lousy picture and I apologize for that, but you get the point right? The point being it looks awesome~ It is now in one of my angels rooms on one of the bookcases, I painted (post to follow at later date)~
I have found that I have a new love with sharpie pens.  They are so versatile and easy to use, that I seem to be using them for/with so many projects.
I numbered them (okay hubby number them, he has great printing), we had 8 drawers and I am so pleased with the new look~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Empty Treasure Chest
 This little beauty has some green markings on it, along with a few big scratches, but I just covered the scratches with some mineral oil and it remained like this for years.  I wanted to update it so~
 I painted it with some acrylic paint I had on hand I really did not do much to it, simply painted it & rubbed the paint off to achieve this look~
 I had these two designs from a very old book I bought at a library sale that has designs as well as monograms, all I did was use some tracing paper and then I painted over the design~
 It is very subtle, but I like the way it looks in both the silver & gold.  I thought I would outline the design, but thought it looked great just the way it is~
I put it under this revamped table on the landing, after we finished our stairs (post on these soon).  It looks so sweet and wow it really needed that update~  What do you think?  Have you taken years to revamp something, share it with me on comments so that I do not feel so bad!
apinchofjoy.comThe Girl CreativeBoogieboard CottageNap-Time CreationsMotivatedMondayatBeColorfulTheSouthernInstituteBeyond The Picket Fence52 MantelsLittle Becky Homecky504 Main


7 comments:

  1. What great transformations! You did a wonderful job! Visiting from Be Colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW~what an honor to receive a compliment from you, you have one of the best blogs I have come across. I found your blog last week and LOVED IT! I am a new follower and I hope you will do the same & follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That treasure chest is so unique....... What a great find!

    Crystelle
    http://www.crystelleboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it because the shape was so unique! Thank you for stopping by my blog, I LOVE to get comments,they make me feel like a child at Christmas time. I am excited to hop on over to your blog and get some inspiration!

      Blessings~
      Nina

      Delete
  4. What a one of a kind chest - I love it and love what you did to it!!!
    I start painting as soon as I get a piece - but often regret it and have to start over - sometimes it's best to wait :)
    Your newest follower- would love to have you come by and follow back when you have the time!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your makeovers turned out nicely worth the wait! Oh my yes, our house has many projects "aging" until just the right time to finish them! You are not alone. Thanks so much for linking on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting shape that treasure chest is! Love the monogram! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Receiving comments is like receiving a great big gift! I LOVE gifts so please leave me some love~Thank YOU

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs