Monday, July 16, 2012

I'm Backkkk!

Hi my friends welcome back! I am thrilled to be back and I am sorry that it took me awhile to come back, but I sure hope that you are happy with the end result! Well as you can see I gave my blog a facelift and as I said before I studied some of my favorite blogs so I pray I have made some nice improvements that you will enjoy, and you come back to visit and leave me love often.
This is what I have to share with you today!   I designed this beautiful crest for my husband and my angels. Every symbol has a story and I wish to share those stories with you~ This is the best picture I was able to take of our "new" family crest" as it is hanging now in our entry way.  In the back ground is a big brown T monogram  for our last name~
The knight head is from my husbands original family crest I love the cross on the helmet it is a sign of protection,  the red and yellow decorative swirls were also part of the original crest ~
The rampant lions are from my mother in laws crest and they are also the symbol for my angels, I added the crowns on each lion. Since the angels were in the womb I have always called them Prince A and Prince B, so adding the crowns were the perfect touch~












 I was not able to get a very good shot of the lion on the left, but it is just as detailed as the one on the right. The crown was painted red~

The swan is from my mom's family crest and it is the true symbol of her maiden name, the back fluer's are also from my mom's crest.  I LOVE swans they are so regal & elegant~
The red waves are from my father's family crest (my maiden name) and I think it is so fitting that the swan is swimming on these waves.  These waves are also the true symbol of my maiden name~
We hung the "new crest" in our entry one some curtain rods I bought for $9.99 and I sewed leather tabs to hang it from.  I wanted the crest to have a old world/antique look therefore the brownish look in the background~
  Handmade 52

Share Your CreationsPhotobucketThe DIY DreamerOne Artsy Mama

8 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love how symbolic it is. I'm a new follower and would love if you followed me back! www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I worked very hard on this design & LOVE the way it turned out! yes I will also follow you.

      Delete
  2. You're back... and back with a BANG!!! WOW that's incredible!!

    Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, & I appreciate you hosing a great link party. I will continue to link up with you & your parties.

      Delete
  3. I love how you incorporated parts from each family and made it your own. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really wanted to incorporate every family & I am so please with the way it turned out. Sorry for the delayed reply. I will continue to join your link parties, thanks for hosting.

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of adding parts from each family. I would love to create one for my boys. Who did you use to create this masterpiece?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I would be happy & proud to design one for your family. You can email me privately with all your info. since you are such a loyal follower & leave me nice comments it would be my honor!
      Blessings~

      Delete

Receiving comments is like receiving a great big gift! I LOVE gifts so please leave me some love~Thank YOU

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs