Sunday, March 4, 2012

Awesome Thrift Finds

As I was researching blog land I would come across some awesome thrift finds some of you would find & I would think awh...I wish I could find some things as awesome as those and I started looking around my home & thought I  have found some pretty cool things and here are some of them!

The punch bowl  $5.00
The small bowl    $ .10 I made something out of that I will show later
The platter           $. 50 I will also do something with this & show later

This lovely lamp, in the picture it looks squaty, but it is rather long & tall.  I wanted this for our den.  I ditched the lamp shade.  For $14.41 I was pleased.

Here it is~ in all it's glory.  I paid $3.00 for the drum shade at Kirklands, $.97 for the tassle  & I had the key.
I should have turned on the lamp for the full effect and so that you can see the pretty wrought iron Eifle Tower I have near the lamp & books...sorry another thing I will improve on!

I fell IN LOVE with these lamps & had to have them they were $14.97 for the pair.  I will repair the chips & the bottom of one was repaired 'poorly' at some point so I will have to fix that too I will paint them & show them off later!!  Some work but I think it will be worth the effort

I needed something to hide all those yucky cords from the computer etc.. I found these at Value Village for $.97 each.  Come back to take a look at these transformations.  I think you will like some of them.

My husband is such an awesome man.  He was helping some nuns move somethings from an old part of a school to the new part.  They had no further need of this so they gave it to him, I actually think he gave them  some money, you know because it was a school and all & he would have felt bad if he just took it for free. Any way...I thought a big black ugly file cabinet then I had an AHHA moment & I am currently working on it, it should be done later on this week!  I am liking it so far!!!

Thank you & Many Blessings~

3 comments:

  1. great finds cant wait to see how the lamp pair turn out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, again. I was hoping to paint the lamps tomorrow, but we are in for some yucky weather, but as soon as I can get out there to paint them I will post their beauty. Thank you for checking out my blog.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi-since I am new to this I wanted to let younknow I finished the lamps. Will you please check them out and let me know what you think? I appreciate your comments.
    Also, will you consider following me.

    Thank You & Many Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Receiving comments is like receiving a great big gift! I LOVE gifts so please leave me some love~Thank YOU

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs